GDPR Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice tells you what to expect in relation to personal information about you which is collected, handled and processed by MSL.
MSL of No1 Lakeside, Cheadle Royal Business Park, SK8 3GW is the Data Controller.
We acknowledge and agree that any personal data of yours that we handle will be processed in accordance with all applicable data protection laws in force from time to time. Currently the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) are applicable.
- The information we may collect
The information about you we may collect, hold and process is set out below.
(A) Information collected and processed for finding you a suitable role is as follows:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- CV/work history
- Job preferences including role, geographical areas and salary
- Any other work related information you provide, for example, education or training certificates
(B) Information in respect to individuals that have worked for us previously or may work for us is as follows:
- Driving Licence
- In some cases, permits and visas
- National insurance number
- Full details of job offers and placements
- Outcome of criminal record checks and security clearance for certain roles
- Financial information (including but not limited to payroll details and terms, HMRC data, pension scheme details, court orders and statutory payments)
- A log of our communications with you by email and telephone
How we use the information
This information will have been provided, or will be provided, by you or a third party who we work with, such as an employment business or recruitment agency. In the case of references, these will be from your previous employer.
The above information is used to find you suitable work whether on a temporary or permanent basis based on your requirements as set out below.
The information under A above may be used as follows:
- To match your skill sets with the job vacancy to see if you have the suitable requirements
- To keep you informed of available opportunities as they arise
The information under B above may be used as follows:
- To establish that you have the right to work
- To undertake relevant security and criminal record checks as required by our clients and prospective employers and as permitted by law
- To deal with any medical and health and safety issues relating to certain positions
- To put in place contractual arrangements and documentation once a role has been secured
- To pay you if placed
How we hold the information
All the personal data we have is stored on our database in the UK.
- Disclosure of your information
Your CV and related information will be shared or sent to prospective employers and our clients. Once you have secured a placement additional information will be provided to them to enable the placement to proceed.
We may also share your information within the Drive Further collective which includes MSL Vehicle Solutions, Financial and Legal Insurance Company and Opsium, for the purpose of finding you a suitable role.
Other trusted third parties that we may share your data with are as follows: HM Revenue and Customs, pension scheme providers, legal advisors and other companies for the purpose of undertaking pre engagement checks for the role or for paying you.
- What is the legal basis for processing the information?
We will rely on your consent to process the information collected at the outset of the recruitment process.
Information and documentation to establish your right to work is processed by us as we are legally obliged to do so.
Once a position has been found for you, we will process your personal data, including financial information, for the purpose of you entering into a contract to fulfil your role and to enable us to pay you, depending on the specific contractual arrangements and circumstances.
For the purposes of paying you, where relevant, we are legally obliged to provide information to HMRC.
Once a placement has been secured, we may also process your data on the basis of our legitimate interests i.e. for administrative purposes.
- Your rights
You have the right at any time to ask for a copy of the information about you that we hold. If you would like to make a request for information please email email@example.com
You will also have the following rights: erasure, restriction of processing, objection and data portability.
- Retention of your data
Your data will be retained for no longer than is necessary.
Application forms and interview notes for unsuccessful candidates will be kept for a retention period of 6 months.
Successful job applicants documents will be transferred to the personnel file in any event and retained while you are employed and for 6 years after employment has ended.
- Withdrawal of consent
If you have provided us with your consent to process your data, for the purpose of using our services and us finding you suitable work, you have the right to withdraw this at any time. In order to do so you should contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioners Office at https:\\ico.org.uk\concerns.
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to email@example.com.
- Changes to the Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be changed by us at any time.